Hi, I'm Casey,
and I'm so glad you're here!
I do not believe in a “one size fits all” approach to food and nutrition, but rather an individualized process where we learn through collaboration what works for you and how I can help you develop simple, sustainable habits on your journey to feel the best about your health.
My approach centers around a whole food way of eating that emphasizes that food is more than just nutrients, it’s an experience that deserves to be enjoyable and fun. I advocate for progress over perfection when it comes to making choices about what to eat, and want to support others in eating healthier- however that looks for them. To help you succeed, I will work with you to incorporate practical strategies such as mindful and intuitive eating, basic culinary skills, meal planning habits, and kitchen confidence.
As a dietitian, I want to help you prioritize using food to prevent chronic disease. Yet, I know our food and nutrition landscape is complex, and you or someone you know may have already been diagnosed with a chronic condition. I have experience working with people from all walks of life managing diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, heart disease, kidney disease, or gastrointestinal discomfort, and so am mindful to priotize medical nutrition therapy for your condition first and foremost.
Outside of the kitchen, I work with individuals to help realize the impact that moving your body has on your health as well. I was the person who hated running for fitness and went to workout because " I should". Yet, when I found my personal rhythm and felt more strength, joy, and pride from moving my body I knew there was no turning back. I want to help you become your own version of a fitness warrior and find a level of activity that suits you best and benefits your body and mind.
If you want a deeper look into what inspired me to open my doors to helping others create their own healthy and fun relationship with food and nutrition, you can read more here.
Education, Affiliations, & SKills
- RD- Registered Dietitian, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2016
- CDN- Certified Dietitian Nutritionist, New York State License, 2016
- MS- Masters of Science- Nutrition & Public Health, Teachers College Columbia University
- BS- Bachelor of Science- Nutrition and Food Science, University of Vermont
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- New York State Dietetics Association
- Greater New York Dietetic Association
- NYC Nutrition Education Network, Member 2017, Chair Elect 2018
- Fluency in conversational and written Spanish
- Food and nutrition writing
Fun Facts about Casey
- I love fruits and vegetables (especially peaches and brussels sprouts) as much as I love chunky chocolate chip cookies.
- I have traveled to six countries with my adventure-loving husband of two years.
- I have run three half marathons and one full marathon (with plans to run more).
- I lived in Oaxaca, Mexico during college and ate lots of chapulines (grasshoppers!).